CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
The Corporate Social Responsibility Policy outlines Honey Bun’s attitude towards how we conduct business as it relates to local and International best practices in a social context.
It is the responsibility of the CEO to ensure these business practices are upheld.
Standards of business conduct
• We recognize that good CSR embraces all aspects of sustainable development and the way we affect people through our business operations;
• We shall operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices;
• We believe that a responsible approach to developing relationships between companies and the communities they serve, global or local, is a vital part of delivering business success;
• When carrying out our business, in consultation with our customers, we will determine the environmental, social and economic issues;
• Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis for our relationship;
• We will continually review our policies and business practices to encourage engagement with small and medium enterprises and to promote the development of the regional supply chain.
• We will share and declare information on personal and corporate conflicts of interest and seek guidance from higher authority before acting;
• We are committed to ensuring that our business is conducted in all respects according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards;
• All the laws that regulate and apply will be complied with;
• All groups and individuals with whom we have a business relationship will be treated in a fair, open and respectful manner;
• Competition will be reasonable and based upon the quality, value and integrity of the products and services being supplied;
• Feedback on performance will be actively sought, and we will continually review all activities to ensure best practice is observed at all times;
• We will allow our customers and vendors to give feedback on our performance and ensure that all customer comments are analyzed, responded to and where appropriate, acted upon;
• Our objective is to endeavour to reduce our impact on the environment through a commitment to continual improvement;
• We assess production, use and disposal associated with the main goods we use;
• We aim to support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
Equality and Diversity
• We aim to eliminate discrimination on any grounds and promote equality of opportunity;
Impact on Society
• We will take steps to understand how we can most effectively support the needs of the local community and implement initiatives accordingly.
• Our impact on the local and wider community will be understood and nurtured.
• Dialogue with local communities shall be encouraged for mutual benefit.
Where we have breached our policy a hearing shall be conducted by either the executive management team or the board to determine action.